In the true spirit of Basant Panchami, the sun God shone bright today as a group of us gathered on the terrace of our music teacher’s home to pay our respects to Goddess Saraswati. A simple set of activities that involved a puja, some cooking on the terrace, dishes brought in by members of the music group and the rendition of some short music pieces made for a morning well spent. Smiling, radiant faces were what we had to show for and and immense sense of satisfaction. The adults present compared rituals and reminisced about how these occasions were celebrated in their childhood. I was particularly interested to see the children sit out patiently through a two hour puja to receive blessings from the Goddess and their guru at the end of it. Aadyaa’s formal initiation into the world of letters was an unplanned bonus. Here are a few pics!
- Dancing kathak on stage: Why this has been my biggest high in years!
- Castles in the air: Delhi govt, don’t put slumdwellers in highrises without consulting them!
- Govt, please don’t squander the last opportunity to redeem our city. Sincerely, A Dilliwali
- The little girl with the artist’s eye!
- Mountain: A challenge, an aspiration, an achievement!
What I blog aboutAnecdotes children cities Community Culture Democracy design Education Emotional governance Gurgaon Heritage Housing identity Livelihood Migration personal development politics Public spaces Safety Social attitudes Sustainability and climate change Technology Transport travel Uncategorized Urban poverty Urban stress Women's empowerment Youth
- 41,317 hits
Notable Newbie @ blogadda
Proud to be an Indiblogger!
I blog @ Blog Adda
Featured blogger @ WeBlogTheWorld
- RT @rcrc2012: European-style pedestrian facilities for Gurgaon - The Times of India timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/gurgaon/E… 1 day ago
- RT @Vidyut: The difference between BJP&Co and Congress&Co is exactly the same as that between to rivals in a gangwar. Same methods, moralit… 4 days ago
- who all are registered to go to the Tehelka Thinkfest #think2013? just got on that bandwagon! 1 week ago
- govt, don't redevelop central Delhi without asking citizens, floating dsgn comp @MaGopalan @shamit @Maneckk ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 1 week ago