One of the loveliest aspects of leaving the city is the experience of enjoying the outdoors. Here in Coorg, the forests beckon and the weather is warm but not enough to drive us indoors as it certainly will be when we get back to Gurgaon!
Today the family was in the mood for adventure. Mum and Udai went on an 8 km trek to Abby Falls. A tough walk for someone not yet eight and reportedly one full of sights of the bountiful flora and fauna of the Kodagu Valley. Aadyaa explored the property and tried all the swings and curvy trails.
Rahul and me tried the obstacle course. He went first and I hadn’t quite made up my mind if I was up to it. On impulse I started the course, but as I went along I found my confidence grew. The sheer height of the ropes from the ground meant you needed full concentration. It was important to focus and relax at the same time and necessary to follow instructions to the tee. It struck me that this was true for anything we want to do well in life. But it’s only that, for many other tasks in our everyday lives, we choose to not remember that we are indeed high above steady ground. Instead, we delude ourselves and create excuses and escape routes in our heads. No wonder the results aren’t often as good as mine were on today’s obstacle course!
The last few days, I have been fairly upset about a few small health issues, the perpetual battle with my weight and generally a bit low. The obstacle course jerked me out of my self pity and drove home the need to set myself small targets, find mentors to help me, follow their advice, leave aside my fears, and simply go for it!
- Castles in the air: Delhi govt, don’t put slumdwellers in highrises without consulting them!
- Govt, please don’t squander the last opportunity to redeem our city. Sincerely, A Dilliwali
- The little girl with the artist’s eye!
- Mountain: A challenge, an aspiration, an achievement!
- Thoughts on Mothers Day
What I blog aboutAnecdotes children cities Community Culture Democracy design Education Emotional governance Gurgaon Heritage Housing identity Livelihood Migration personal development politics Public spaces Safety Social attitudes Sustainability and climate change Technology Transport travel Uncategorized Urban poverty Urban stress Women's empowerment Youth
- 40,868 hits
Notable Newbie @ blogadda
Proud to be an Indiblogger!
I blog @ Blog Adda
Featured blogger @ WeBlogTheWorld
- RT @Vidyut: The difference between BJP&Co and Congress&Co is exactly the same as that between to rivals in a gangwar. Same methods, moralit… 15 hours ago
- who all are registered to go to the Tehelka Thinkfest #think2013? just got on that bandwagon! 4 days ago
- govt, don't redevelop central Delhi without asking citizens, floating dsgn comp @MaGopalan @shamit @Maneckk ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 4 days ago
- Govt, pls use the big opportunity to redevelop central Delhi to do the right thing. consult citizens! #Delhi @Vidyut @AyonaDatta @rcrc2012 4 days ago
- pls consult citizens us or else you will destroy our city! A plea from a Dilliwali to the powers that be...#Delhi ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 4 days ago