FM radio station 92.7 has been making long public announcements informing listeners about cases they have filed against media and advertising companies that have not paid them huge sums of money after using airtime on behalf of their customers. In one case, the agency’s customers are a long list of real estate developers. Yes those same guys who hogged all radio advertising at their peak in the pre 2008 era and from time to time since!
The announcements go out in legal sounding Hindi in a somber tone. They hog several minutes of airtime and even patient listeners like me are left wondering how long they are to wait for their best set of favourite Hindi film oldies, for that is the staple this station plays. For most people I know, the announcements simply means they switch to the next station! So while I empathise about the many millions lost and I hope the wrongdoers are taught a lesson, I don’t quite see how this sort of thing makes business sense if it drives away listeners!
- Castles in the air: Delhi govt, don’t put slumdwellers in highrises without consulting them!
- Govt, please don’t squander the last opportunity to redeem our city. Sincerely, A Dilliwali
- The little girl with the artist’s eye!
- Mountain: A challenge, an aspiration, an achievement!
- Thoughts on Mothers Day
What I blog aboutAnecdotes children cities Community Culture Democracy design Education Emotional governance Gurgaon Heritage Housing identity Livelihood Migration personal development politics Public spaces Safety Social attitudes Sustainability and climate change Technology Transport travel Uncategorized Urban poverty Urban stress Women's empowerment Youth
- 40,797 hits
Notable Newbie @ blogadda
Proud to be an Indiblogger!
I blog @ Blog Adda
Featured blogger @ WeBlogTheWorld
- who all are registered to go to the Tehelka Thinkfest #think2013? just got on that bandwagon! 2 days ago
- govt, don't redevelop central Delhi without asking citizens, floating dsgn comp @MaGopalan @shamit @Maneckk ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 3 days ago
- Govt, pls use the big opportunity to redevelop central Delhi to do the right thing. consult citizens! #Delhi @Vidyut @AyonaDatta @rcrc2012 3 days ago
- pls consult citizens us or else you will destroy our city! A plea from a Dilliwali to the powers that be...#Delhi ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 3 days ago
- pls do not relocate slum dwellers in 17-story high-rises! our article in The Hindu @microHS thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/… 3 days ago