There are these two hideous apparitions you encounter sitting side by side on NH8 at Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon if you drive by at night. First there was the Airtel building. It bombasted our vision with its oh so bright colors. Red, blue, green, white lit squares across an uninteresting facade, as if the gaudiness would make it all right!
And then BPTP built a rather ordinary, even nice if you consider the volumes, building next door. It seems to me that someone there wasn’t too happy with Airtel next door stealing the thunder. So while it’s daytime face continues to remain dignified, at night the BPTP building turns on its disco lights, literally. The lights change color and we passers by are treated to two blingy facades that leave me gaping and giggling each time. Nupur driving by with me suggests the word trauma as well to describe the feelings these twins evoke!
Cannot complain about lack of entertainment in this city!
- Dancing kathak on stage: Why this has been my biggest high in years!
- Castles in the air: Delhi govt, don’t put slumdwellers in highrises without consulting them!
- Govt, please don’t squander the last opportunity to redeem our city. Sincerely, A Dilliwali
- The little girl with the artist’s eye!
- Mountain: A challenge, an aspiration, an achievement!
What I blog aboutAnecdotes children cities Community Culture Democracy design Education Emotional governance Gurgaon Heritage Housing identity Livelihood Migration personal development politics Public spaces Safety Social attitudes Sustainability and climate change Technology Transport travel Uncategorized Urban poverty Urban stress Women's empowerment Youth
- 41,175 hits
Notable Newbie @ blogadda
Proud to be an Indiblogger!
I blog @ Blog Adda
Featured blogger @ WeBlogTheWorld
- RT @Vidyut: The difference between BJP&Co and Congress&Co is exactly the same as that between to rivals in a gangwar. Same methods, moralit… 2 days ago
- who all are registered to go to the Tehelka Thinkfest #think2013? just got on that bandwagon! 6 days ago
- govt, don't redevelop central Delhi without asking citizens, floating dsgn comp @MaGopalan @shamit @Maneckk ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 6 days ago
- Govt, pls use the big opportunity to redevelop central Delhi to do the right thing. consult citizens! #Delhi @Vidyut @AyonaDatta @rcrc2012 6 days ago