- Castles in the air: Delhi govt, don’t put slumdwellers in highrises without consulting them!
- Govt, please don’t squander the last opportunity to redeem our city. Sincerely, A Dilliwali
- The little girl with the artist’s eye!
- Mountain: A challenge, an aspiration, an achievement!
- Thoughts on Mothers Day
What I blog aboutAnecdotes children cities Community Culture Democracy design Education Emotional governance Gurgaon Heritage Housing identity Livelihood Migration personal development politics Public spaces Safety Social attitudes Sustainability and climate change Technology Transport travel Uncategorized Urban poverty Urban stress Women's empowerment Youth
- 40,805 hits
Notable Newbie @ blogadda
Proud to be an Indiblogger!
I blog @ Blog Adda
Featured blogger @ WeBlogTheWorld
- who all are registered to go to the Tehelka Thinkfest #think2013? just got on that bandwagon! 3 days ago
- govt, don't redevelop central Delhi without asking citizens, floating dsgn comp @MaGopalan @shamit @Maneckk ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 3 days ago
- Govt, pls use the big opportunity to redevelop central Delhi to do the right thing. consult citizens! #Delhi @Vidyut @AyonaDatta @rcrc2012 3 days ago
- pls consult citizens us or else you will destroy our city! A plea from a Dilliwali to the powers that be...#Delhi ramblinginthecity.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/gov… 3 days ago
- pls do not relocate slum dwellers in 17-story high-rises! our article in The Hindu @microHS thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/… 3 days ago
Tag Archives: attitude
I admire art and I admire artists more. Art demands an honesty and level of consciousness that is exhausting while requiring at the same the exact opposite, spontaneity. Anyone who can pull all of that off together while exhibiting magnificent … Continue reading
I visited the post office today. I must have entered one after years and years. I used to get sent for errands to the post office and the bank during my teenage years in Lucknow. We lived in a campus … Continue reading
Watching sports and great sports-persons always amazes. Tonight, as we watched the Great Fed and Murray battle it out, amid bouts of rain at Wimbledon, we talk about sports as a talent, as an attitude. Yes, certain people are immensely … Continue reading
What I learnt from conversations with the youth in urban slums: They crave opportunity and deserve support- April 9, 2012
A few of us friends met up for lunch yesterday. Randomly, someone observed that one can experience kindness from the most obscure sources, describing an incident when an auto driver was sympathetic and understanding, willing to forego his payment when … Continue reading
Gurgaon rape: 5 points for a petition to demand facts and improve policing in the city- March 15, 2012
As the momentum built up through the day among Gurgaon’s citizens to protest against police apathy towards the recent rape and of course, many other rapes, molestations and other crimes against women in the city, I began to wonder about … Continue reading